Joined: Jul 06, 2008 Posts: 958 Location: Playing ETQW at home... or stuck at work Status: Offline
Posted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 5:02 pm Post subject: ETQW Server and rules
I wanted to start a new thread to clarify and list the rules for BBA's ETQW server.
We can discuss any rule and the reasoning behind the rule. The server is for the enjoyment of everyone and that's the purpose of rules.
We like to keep things simple so we try to keep the rules limited although it may not seem that way at times.
Please feel free to add any thoughts, rule suggestions, or reasons for rules that need to be removed or modified.
This is a group project. Input would be greatly appreciated.
1. No cursing, swearing, bad words, foul language, name calling, etc.
Not likely to change, but feel free to add input.
2. No tea bagging. Itís not sportsman like. Itís not nice. Itís like rubbing a
victory in someoneís face. Let your abilities speak for you.
3. Quarry Map - No bailing from vehicles to enter the crashed ship on
the Quarry map. The area inside the barricade that surrounds the
ship is off limits. If anyone drops into the area from a vehicle with a
cell they will be kicked. This includes dropping from the tormentor,
dropping from an Icarus, or skiing into the ship with an Icarus. Skiing is
acceptable outside of the barriers. See image below for the no drop
area. The off limits area is circled in yellow.
4. Calling in an Icarus, aka Icarus drop, on the map Salvage. It causes severe lag spikes for everyone. So don't do it.
5. Icarus drops with more than 10 people on. For some reason drops are causing lag spikes when multiple players are on the server. So please refrain from calling in Icari when more than 10 people are on the server OR when an admin instructs everyone to stop calling in Icari.
Items that aren't rules but help to improve competition for everyone:
1. Please look at teams to see who needs help. It is highly suggested that the extra player (if there is an odd number of players) joins the defense.
In most cases the extra player on defense helps to make the game more even. On two maps I think the opposite is true. A. Outskirts B. Refinery
Joined: Jun 30, 2009 Posts: 396 Location: Australia Status: Offline
Posted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 8:34 pm Post subject:
Hell yeah for rule 5.
It is driving me nuts.I nearly rage quit yesterday with it.
Maybe Bloodbane can put something across the screen in game about no icacrus drops when there are more than 10 players on the server ?. _________________ SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS
Joined: Mar 25, 2010 Posts: 161 Location: Crystal Lake Status: Offline
Posted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 12:43 pm Post subject:
My take on the extra peep rule is, only if its required to balance teams. Numerous times we will start a match with the D down a peep, if and only if the first objective falls quickly will I impose a D person advantage. In the end, the policy is not intended to insure the victory or defeat of one side or the other, its strictly a means of balancing the assault advantages created by the XP save and making the matches more enjoyable to both sides.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum