blocks.gif
Navigation
 

icon_home.gif Home
icon_community.gif Community
tree-T.gif Forums
tree-T.gif Feeds
tree-T.gif Tutorials
tree-T.gif Surveys
icon_poll.gif Enemy Territory
tree-T.gif Server Rules
icon_members.gif Site
tree-T.gif Statistics
tree-L.gif Sitemap

 

blocks.gif
ET - QW Status
 

 

blocks.gif
ET Jaymod - Status
 

 

blocks.gif
TS Block
 

BBA TeamSpeak Viewer

 

 
Buffalo Bad Ass: Forums
 


  Buffalo Bad Asses :: View topic - Update your nvidia drivers
 
Update your nvidia drivers

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Buffalo Bad Asses Forum Index -> Left 4 Dead / 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
ScoWeazy
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: Feb 27, 2009
Posts: 14
Location: TX
Status: Offline

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:39 am    Post subject: Update your nvidia drivers Reply with quote

One of the notes from the newest release of nvidia drivers:

Up to 11% performance increase in Left 4 Dead at high resolution with AA.

See yourself get eaten even quicker!

NomNomNom
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dax
High Clan Admin
High Clan Admin


Joined: Oct 23, 2006
Posts: 550
Location: In the Jungle, looking for my monkey!
Status: Offline

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:48 am    Post subject: Re: Update your nvidia drivers Reply with quote

ScoWeazy wrote:

Up to 11% performance increase in Left 4 Dead at high resolution with AA.

See yourself get eaten even quicker!



Or Kill Off your fellow teammates approximately 4.8 seconds sooner...


Dax
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bloodbane
Clan Member
Clan Member


Joined: Feb 11, 2007
Posts: 626
Location: Cleaning your forums spam :P
Status: Offline

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:10 am    Post subject: Re: Update your nvidia drivers Reply with quote

dax wrote:
ScoWeazy wrote:

Up to 11% performance increase in Left 4 Dead at high resolution with AA.

See yourself get eaten even quicker!



Or Kill Off your fellow teammates approximately 4.8 seconds sooner...


Dax


I agree with Dax. I personally prefer to be burned to death by a mis-thrown molly lmao
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AnUnarmedMan
High Clan Admin
High Clan Admin


Joined: Jan 22, 2007
Posts: 256
Location: Florida
Status: Offline

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: Update your nvidia drivers Reply with quote

dax wrote:

Or Kill Off your fellow teammates approximately 4.8 seconds sooner...Dax



WooHoo!! That's just what I need lmao
_________________
War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Zeus
BBA BigBoss
BBA BigBoss


Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Posts: 2101
Location: Going insane one day at a time.
Status: Offline

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking about down grading mine so I can watch Dax's pipe bombs come tumbling back in slow motion..........ohhhhhhhhhhhhh nooooooooooooooooooo shotgun
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
dax
High Clan Admin
High Clan Admin


Joined: Oct 23, 2006
Posts: 550
Location: In the Jungle, looking for my monkey!
Status: Offline

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeus wrote:
I was thinking about down grading mine so I can watch Dax's pipe bombs come tumbling back in slow motion..........ohhhhhhhhhhhhh nooooooooooooooooooo shotgun



I don't even have a comeback for this remark...


lol

Dax
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HughJorgan
BBA Backer


Joined: Oct 16, 2006
Posts: 359
Location: At Walmart, saving money and living better!
Status: Offline

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be careful. I updated a week ago and it just about killed my connection. Game kept locking up for several seconds once or twice a minute. It was unplayable. Rolled back to the previous drivers I had and all is well. Just an FYI...
_________________
BBA - Be there or be nowhere!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zeus
BBA BigBoss
BBA BigBoss


Joined: Oct 05, 2006
Posts: 2101
Location: Going insane one day at a time.
Status: Offline

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HughJorgan wrote:
Be careful. I updated a week ago and it just about killed my connection. Game kept locking up for several seconds once or twice a minute. It was unplayable. Rolled back to the previous drivers I had and all is well. Just an FYI...


You running a newer card Hugh? Most updates are geared towards their latest or greatest cards, with my older cards I would always find a solid working driver and stick with it.

Just updated my drivers today so will have to see how they work in game.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
dax
High Clan Admin
High Clan Admin


Joined: Oct 23, 2006
Posts: 550
Location: In the Jungle, looking for my monkey!
Status: Offline

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I run a 8800GTX and upgraded to the new driver released 2/18, have had no more in game crashes (black screen, sound looping) issues so far.


**crosses fingers**


Dax
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HughJorgan
BBA Backer


Joined: Oct 16, 2006
Posts: 359
Location: At Walmart, saving money and living better!
Status: Offline

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeus wrote:
HughJorgan wrote:
Be careful. I updated a week ago and it just about killed my connection. Game kept locking up for several seconds once or twice a minute. It was unplayable. Rolled back to the previous drivers I had and all is well. Just an FYI...


You running a newer card Hugh? Most updates are geared towards their latest or greatest cards, with my older cards I would always find a solid working driver and stick with it.

Just updated my drivers today so will have to see how they work in game.


Yeah, I run an 8600 currently so it's a little long in the tooth by vid card standards. I usually like to try out newer drivers at least and usually don't have any problems but in this case, I'm definitely sticking with the older version. It's been rock solid so why not.
_________________
BBA - Be there or be nowhere!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Buffalo Bad Asses Forum Index -> Left 4 Dead / 2 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 

Jump to:   
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2004 phpBB Group
Version 2.1 by Nuke Cops © 2003 http://www.nukecops.com
Techra-Dark theme pack by Kenetix

 

Forums ©