blocks.gif
ET Jaymod - Status

blocks.gif
TS Block

BBA TeamSpeak Viewer

Buffalo Bad Ass: Forums

Buffalo Bad Asses :: View topic - Left 4 Dead $14.99 Special Price

Left 4 Dead $14.99 Special Price

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Buffalo Bad Asses Forum Index -> Left 4 Dead / 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dax
High Clan Admin
High Clan Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Left 4 Dead $14.99 Special Price Reply with quote

Steam has it listed @ $14.99 but dunno for how long..... anyone that was reluctant to get it in the past,now is your prime time for it!

DAX
BBA Backer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder who would be waiting for the price to drop...whistle *runs to stem store. rocklicker
dickcheneyhunting
BBA Backer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought it will replace AA3 cause honestly the new features were barely new features. I would be installing probably this weekend as I have a lot of stuff college homework wise and email stuff to do before I have enough time for a longer than 30 minute download. Hope to see ya fellas there! rocklicker
NoucFeanor
Official BBA Spammer
Official BBA Spammer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dickcheneyhunting wrote:
Bought it will replace AA3 cause honestly the new features were barely new features. I would be installing probably this weekend as I have a lot of stuff college homework wise and email stuff to do before I have enough time for a longer than 30 minute download. Hope to see ya fellas there! rocklicker

eek Cheney! More important things to do than schoo' werk! You know, like shellin zeds!

Hope to see ya in game soon hombre. Be sure to join the <{BBA}> L4D steam group!
Mutt
High Clan Admin
High Clan Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've hated Steam for years, because of what it did to royally screw up the LAN party scene. I cuss it several times a year because of the insane amount of bandwidth Steam alone sucks up at LAN events, and particularly back in the day when we only had a crummy T1 and everyone and their brother needed to do their Steam updates at the start of the event.

I finally broke down and actually created a Steam account because of this price.

I feel so unclean.
BBA Backer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mutt wrote:
I feel so unclean.

I will get the bucket of water and the mutt shampoo. I felt dirty to when I bought it after I heard all the l4d 2 stuff going on. I saw this as a lost cause. And also, cause steam wants its user to buy a game before they can add friends to their friends list. I rather go to myspace at least its free and you can put music on your profile. That is kind of like the stuff they are doing now where they are charging extra cash for expansion crap for video games. I buy the game so I can play it, so just give me the expansion stuff for free if it is part of that game. How is it my fault they decided to add more stuff later after they release the game. But whatever I am a sucker for cheap prices, so I will take a dive in the ocean as well. shrug
NoucFeanor
Official BBA Spammer
Official BBA Spammer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dickcheneyhunting wrote:
Mutt wrote:
I feel so unclean.

I will get the bucket of water and the mutt shampoo. I felt dirty to when I bought it after I heard all the l4d 2 stuff going on. I saw this as a lost cause. And also, cause steam wants its user to buy a game before they can add friends to their friends list. I rather go to myspace at least its free and you can put music on your profile. That is kind of like the stuff they are doing now where they are charging extra cash for expansion crap for video games. I buy the game so I can play it, so just give me the expansion stuff for free if it is part of that game. How is it my fault they decided to add more stuff later after they release the game. But whatever I am a sucker for cheap prices, so I will take a dive in the ocean as well. shrug

L4D:1 is far from a lost cause. maybe in the sense that Valve has taken a steaming dump on it, but the community created shiz is quite extensive! plenty of full campaigns that run rather smooth are out there. Might not be to many people playing them publicly but get some friends (hint hint) and start up a game, and there ya go! Fun times man fun times!

Even if it lacks stock content the game is still fun as hell, even if you pay full price imho it's worth every cent.
dax
High Clan Admin
High Clan Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NoucFeanor wrote:

L4D:1 is far from a lost cause. maybe in the sense that Valve has taken a steaming dump on it, but the community created shiz is quite extensive! plenty of full campaigns that run rather smooth are out there. Might not be to many people playing them publicly but get some friends (hint hint) and start up a game, and there ya go! Fun times man fun times!

Even if it lacks stock content the game is still fun as hell, even if you pay full price imho it's worth every cent.

I have to agree with you, I have logged HUNDREDS of hours into this game, and for what? $50,... nowhere else can you have some many hours of fun for such a small price tag...... I know things are broken in this game, but I have still have had a a$$load of fun playing it..... more community stuff will continue to dribble out for it thus adjusting the price per play ratio even further.....
Yeah, I'll be one of the saps that buys l4d2 and moan about how they never fixed stuff in 1... but honestly, this game has already changed how things are played in a co-op sense.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Buffalo Bad Asses Forum Index -> Left 4 Dead / 2 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: