blocks.gif
ET Jaymod - Status

blocks.gif
TS Block

BBA TeamSpeak Viewer

Buffalo Bad Ass: Forums

Buffalo Bad Asses :: View topic - Crash Course

Crash Course

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Buffalo Bad Asses Forum Index -> Left 4 Dead / 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Loose_Stool

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:57 am    Post subject: Crash Course Reply with quote

Anybody play this new map from Steam yet? I'm guessing it's called crash course based on how long they spent making it and the fact it had a major update the day after release. I'm sure they think it will make us feel sooo much better about having to buy L4D2. NoucFeanor and I were playing last night, the sound was very directional and there were way too many guns , pipes, pills, etc. As soon as I logged off they started to download the fix for these problems for a one day old map. Also during the map I didn't catch all of what was said by the characters, but I clearly heard Louis say "ah, Steam their not so bad". What the hell is that, subliminal PR? mad
dax
High Clan Admin
High Clan Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL....

Some funny dialog in this set of 2 maps, and yes, one of them is referring to "steam" ( as in water vapor) and one says ah, steam isn't so bad.....

SO you are correct, I heard it also....

I actually like the 2 maps even though I do agree they did it to squelch the community.....

DAX
BBA Backer

Location: Strangled, pounced, boomed, hit with concrete and somehow on fire with pipe bomb under me

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's pretty fun for vs, but the "fixes" they've added along with it is a giant clusterf***.
Heel
BBA Wannabe
BBA Wannabe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not into it at all. From what I've noticed and read from others experience it seems like after CC (because of the excess item spawns) that all other campaigns now suffer the same thing unless the server mods it out. I mean last night the first map I played there must have been 4-6 pills on subway and that was at the crescendo event. And it seemed like around every corner there were pipes/tovs.

About CC though. I played it on single player and as soon as the map started a witch spawned. There was no audible crying though. I eased up to her to crown and hear a shotgun blast and a dead witch.I turn around to see Zoey about 10 feet away behind me. Nice distance crown :O
EARS

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The whole force_dedicated_servers debacle was one of my highlights! o.O More than a few people had sounds issues. The steam comments are cheesy as hell but sublimnal propaganda it's not =P This is interesting to explore: Program Files/Steam/SteamApps/common/left 4 dead/left4dead/sound

The amount of items before the patch makes me wonder if anyone at valve played it before the release. I expect a patch number two.
The maps are fun. Not as free to wander off as a survivor like the four other tales of terror. Gots to works togethers. The shorter time to play is a nice, only two maps ya know. It's a GOOD thing it was free.

BBA BigBoss
BBA BigBoss

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok....what exactly does the gummy bear video have to do with anything? lmao

I updated the servers with the map, hopefully I can get on and actually play them. wall
BBA Backer

Location: Strangled, pounced, boomed, hit with concrete and somehow on fire with pipe bomb under me

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're on patch #4 at this point, 2 normal/1 silent yesterday, and 1 today, and everything is still fubar. Searchkeys don't work, they screwed up the spawns, they did something screwy with the cvars for packs/pills, removed some other useful ones, etc etc. I don't think they've ever playtested any of their big patches as they always seem to break substantially more then they fix. Then they put out patches afterward that are supposed to fix those issues (huge number of item spawns, search key, etc), and those never work.

I'm pretty sure they have blind/drunk/tripping/retarded monkeys as programmers/play testers there.
NoucFeanor
Official BBA Spammer
Official BBA Spammer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh it's not so bad. It sucks that they can't fix it in a timely fashion, but it is new content even if very little unimaginative content. Adds a bit more to the nearly nonexistent story, and lotta tanks to fight!
plus watching your mates under the truck at the crescendo getting crushed adds some laughs.

Playing this with a fellow BBA for the first time though was what did it for me; especially with my BBA bros whom won't rail on me for unloading some lead in them by mistake.... I get extremely excited playin zombie games and a bit trigger happy! don't hate me. T_T

It's like Survivor mode to me though. It's there and i'll play it from time to time for quick thrills, but i'm more often than not playing Them Zelda maps or Escape from Toronto campaign. Community content in general.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Buffalo Bad Asses Forum Index -> Left 4 Dead / 2 All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: