blocks.gif
Navigation
 

icon_home.gif Home
icon_community.gif Community
tree-T.gif Forums
tree-T.gif Feeds
tree-T.gif Tutorials
tree-T.gif Surveys
icon_poll.gif Enemy Territory
tree-T.gif Server Rules
icon_members.gif Site
tree-T.gif Statistics
tree-L.gif Sitemap

 

blocks.gif
ET - QW Status
 

 

blocks.gif
ET Jaymod - Status
 

 

blocks.gif
TS Block
 

BBA TeamSpeak Viewer

 

 
Buffalo Bad Ass: Forums
 


  Buffalo Bad Asses :: View topic - ET on Windows 7
 
ET on Windows 7
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Buffalo Bad Asses Forum Index -> FAQ's & Game Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
TheDecipher
Bad Ass Groupie
Bad Ass Groupie


Joined: May 10, 2008
Posts: 309

Status: Offline

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:10 pm    Post subject: ET on Windows 7 Reply with quote

Hey everyone,

I was just checking new desktops in bestbuy and they have some sweet deals on Windows7 upgradable Computers. I was just wondering is ET and L4D1 gonna work on it?

Decipher
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EARS
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: Nov 20, 2007
Posts: 41
Location: On Fire
Status: Offline

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check this out:

http://www.sevenforums.com/gaming/25539-windows-7-rtm-game-compatibility.html
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheDecipher
Bad Ass Groupie
Bad Ass Groupie


Joined: May 10, 2008
Posts: 309

Status: Offline

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that EARS but I talked to Cannon and some others in game and Cannon said he has Windows 7 on all his computers but ET does not work. He has a Windows XP partition dual boot specifically to play ET ...... :(..... and someone else said ET works fine but PB does not function correctly and gives error. :(

Decipher
_________________


!die all
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CoolHandLuke
BBA Wannabe
BBA Wannabe


Joined: Apr 22, 2008
Posts: 86
Location: Nampa, ID
Status: Offline

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I installed Windows 7 RC1 on a partition and ET works fine. Make sure you install punkbuster and update it. After doing that, it worked fine for me.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Simtech
Admin - ET
Admin - ET


Joined: Oct 06, 2006
Posts: 855
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Status: Offline

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Works fine for me on Win7 Ultimate. No issues at all.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EARS
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: Nov 20, 2007
Posts: 41
Location: On Fire
Status: Offline

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CoolHandLuke wrote:
I installed Windows 7 RC1 on a partition and ET works fine. Make sure you install punkbuster and update it. After doing that, it worked fine for me.

Simtech wrote:
Works fine for me on Win7 Ultimate. No issues at all.


32bit? 64bit?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Simtech
Admin - ET
Admin - ET


Joined: Oct 06, 2006
Posts: 855
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Status: Offline

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

64 bit, without any modifications. I just clicked it and it ran...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tromort
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: Dec 18, 2007
Posts: 37
Location: Earth.
Status: Offline

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

64bit ultimate version -> got kicked for blabla windows api function.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ET-Killah
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: Oct 22, 2006
Posts: 23
Location: UK
Status: Offline

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:41 am    Post subject: Re: ET on Windows 7 Reply with quote

TheDecipher wrote:
Hey everyone,

I was just checking new desktops in bestbuy and they have some sweet deals on Windows7 upgradable Computers. I was just wondering is ET and L4D1 gonna work on it?

Decipher


as the others said.. W7(32bit because i only got 1gb ram lol) works fine for ET in fact for me it works 10x better than XP.. W7 all settings max.. i cant do that on XP :(
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
marker77
Friend of BBA


Joined: Mar 23, 2008
Posts: 39

Status: Offline

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any new updates on Windows 7. I need to format my HD as I have malware problems in my registry that I can't get rid off. So I thought I would do a clean install of Windows 7.

I plan on getting the Professional eddition.

Any new insights would be great.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KrispyKritter
Clan Member
Clan Member


Joined: Aug 13, 2007
Posts: 1044

Status: Offline

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marker77 wrote:
Any new updates on Windows 7. I need to format my HD as I have malware problems in my registry that I can't get rid off. So I thought I would do a clean install of Windows 7.

I plan on getting the Professional eddition.

Any new insights would be great.


Just don't forget what happened to Him-Again ( http://www.buffalobadass.com/ftopict-6984-stuffed.html )

Installing a new OS might be a good time to get another HD, unless you already have separate OS and Data HDs, like somebody suggested. Keep the old HD as a safety-backup for a while, or dual-boot, or...
_________________
KrispyKritter aka Chatty (glitchy finger) Charlie
(pcB)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marker77
Friend of BBA


Joined: Mar 23, 2008
Posts: 39

Status: Offline

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KrispyKritter wrote:
Marker77 wrote:
Any new updates on Windows 7. I need to format my HD as I have malware problems in my registry that I can't get rid off. So I thought I would do a clean install of Windows 7.

I plan on getting the Professional eddition.

Any new insights would be great.


Just don't forget what happened to Him-Again ( http://www.buffalobadass.com/ftopict-6984-stuffed.html )

Installing a new OS might be a good time to get another HD, unless you already have separate OS and Data HDs, like somebody suggested. Keep the old HD as a safety-backup for a while, or dual-boot, or...


Good Point! That makes sense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
marker77
Friend of BBA


Joined: Mar 23, 2008
Posts: 39

Status: Offline

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible to have 2 HD's one with Windows 7 and the other with XP on it?
I know Win 7 Pro does use a xp configuration.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tromort
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: Dec 18, 2007
Posts: 37
Location: Earth.
Status: Offline

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marker77 wrote:
Is it possible to have 2 Hdd's one with Windows 7 and the other with XP on it?
I know Win 7 Pro does use a xp configuration.

Yea this would be possible. I assume you'd install Xp first and then Win7?
Would save trouble getting a working dualboot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Simtech
Admin - ET
Admin - ET


Joined: Oct 06, 2006
Posts: 855
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Status: Offline

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't found anything that doesn't run better on Win7 than on XP.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Buffalo Bad Asses Forum Index -> FAQ's & Game Help All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

 

Jump to:   
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2004 phpBB Group
Version 2.1 by Nuke Cops © 2003 http://www.nukecops.com
Techra-Dark theme pack by Kenetix

 

Forums ©