Joined: Oct 11, 2006 Posts: 498 Location: Canada Status: Offline
Posted: Fri May 21, 2010 10:51 pm Post subject: Rushers11 (Beta2)
Map released in 2009.
The Allies have to rush the Gizeh City and destroy the Axis generator before Allies start their Air Attack.
The German Afrika Korps has to be stopped from threatening the vital British supply line across the Suez Canal.
I played this one last night but probably need to play it a few times to get a feel for it. It seemed a little cramped to me whichs seems funny since I was the only one on the map. I can imagine it will take some time to move the tank through the city since there are a lot of places to hang out higher up to hammer the engs.
The generator must be destroyed to win the map- kind of like Fuel Depot but no open areas. It is entirely in the city with small sharp turns.
First part : escort the tank
- it's a long way to escort the tank but you have many accesses to capture the flag and deploy in the city.
- plus, if Allies blow the bridge door : they will secure the spawn
Second part : blow the generator
- the proper way is to escort the tank and blow the generator front gate and side wall
- the west axis fortification can be destroyed with a satchel
- there are 2 ways for Alllies to get in, but they are in the same area
- mortar and arty support is possible for Allies
- Axis have to use 1 door to go to the generator or the same way Allies use : they do not have a "safe way" to get to the generator
- the courtyard could be a chokepoint with many players / arty / gas / nades / flamers....
- unlike fueldump, there is only 1 access here. A kind of dead-end (fight or die), perfect if you enjoy close fights, in the front line.
- with a strong Allies team, Axis could be annihilated and with a strong Axis team , Allies would have some problems to reach the generator.
Anyway, speaking of fueldump, on Rushers, it is possible to sneak with a cvops and blow the generator at the beginning of the map. No need to escort the tank. SO, it means some Axis will have to spawn here, build the fence and guard the generator.
But they do it on fueldump, so why not here.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum