blocks.gif
Navigation
 

icon_home.gif Home
icon_community.gif Community
tree-T.gif Forums
tree-T.gif Feeds
tree-T.gif Tutorials
tree-T.gif Surveys
icon_poll.gif Enemy Territory
tree-T.gif Server Rules
icon_members.gif Site
tree-T.gif Statistics
tree-L.gif Sitemap

 

blocks.gif
ET - QW Status
 

 

blocks.gif
ET Jaymod - Status
 

 

blocks.gif
TS Block
 

BBA TeamSpeak Viewer

 

 
Buffalo Bad Ass: Forums
 


  Buffalo Bad Asses :: View topic - Hrunga's computer sick
 
Hrunga's computer sick

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Buffalo Bad Asses Forum Index -> General BS / Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Hrunga_Zmuda
Clan Member
Clan Member


Joined: Jul 05, 2009
Posts: 26
Location: Oceanside, CA
Status: Offline

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject: Hrunga's computer sick Reply with quote

Hey guys, you might have noticed I have not been on for a few days. There is some kind of problem with my computer. Not sure what it is. Every time I load a game that uses graphics heavily, the screen starts doing weird things.

It was 100 percent repeatable within seconds of getting into a game on my computer. ETQW, Halo and Quake Live. But of course, when I took it in, I could not demonstrate the problem to the tech. I had stripped out my four hard drives and RAM and put the stock RAM I got with the computer, and it behaved perfectly at the store. The techs took it in the back and ran stress tests on it for more than two hours. Not a blip.

So I brought it home and hooked it up exactly with the same configuration as the store. The only difference is my monitor. Wham, in a matter of seconds the problem is back. (I got video wtih my iPhone this time!)

So now I have to figure out if the problem is my monitor. I may have to go out and buy a monitor tomorrow at Costco to test it out. (Of course, I can take it back.) wtg lmao

So you guys won't see me back until I figure out what the problem is. I miss hanging with you guys and will try to get this thing solved ASAP.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
KrispyKritter
Clan Member
Clan Member


Joined: Aug 13, 2007
Posts: 1044

Status: Offline

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my Idea did not work. Could not replicate the problem.
_________________
KrispyKritter aka Chatty (glitchy finger) Charlie
(pcB)


Last edited by KrispyKritter on Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Him-Again
Clan Member
Clan Member


Joined: Jun 30, 2009
Posts: 396
Location: Australia
Status: Offline

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damm Damm computers and there components wall

If its not one thing its another,did notice you not on the last couple of days mate.

So hope to see you back in action soon bro wtg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hrunga_Zmuda
Clan Member
Clan Member


Joined: Jul 05, 2009
Posts: 26
Location: Oceanside, CA
Status: Offline

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Him-Again wrote:
Damm Damm computers and there components wall

If its not one thing its another,did notice you not on the last couple of days mate.

So hope to see you back in action soon bro wtg


Thanks bro!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Sissyboy
Clan Member
Clan Member


Joined: Jul 06, 2008
Posts: 958
Location: Playing ETQW at home... or stuck at work
Status: Offline

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get the monitor already Hrunga!

I'm stuck just picking on Buffalo Bully..

Hang in there bud!
_________________
Will Ban for Stroyent.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sissyboy
Clan Member
Clan Member


Joined: Jul 06, 2008
Posts: 958
Location: Playing ETQW at home... or stuck at work
Status: Offline

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck. NO Hrunga lately. Buffalo missed tonight. and I didnt even see HimAgain.

No idea what happened to Road, and I used to play with this guy that has no arms...

And to top it off, my favorite BBA guy to kill didnt show either. (you know who you are. DO YOUR HOMEWORK)




Good/great players on tonight though. 10-13

Always fun.

See ya guys soon.



Get it already Hrunga!
_________________
Will Ban for Stroyent.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Him-Again
Clan Member
Clan Member


Joined: Jun 30, 2009
Posts: 396
Location: Australia
Status: Offline

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor sissyboy

Sorry mate had to go to the US embassy to get my visa (what a pain that is to do) wall

And i wont be back on until Monday now as it is my wedding anniversary so we are off for a dirty weekend wtg

Have a good weekend and hurry up and get your ass back in the game hrunga lol


Last edited by Him-Again on Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bibizz944x
Official BBA Spammer
Official BBA Spammer


Joined: May 27, 2007
Posts: 714
Location: Montreal,Quebec
Status: Offline

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Hrunga's computer sick Reply with quote

Hrunga_Zmuda wrote:
I had stripped out my four hard drives and RAM and put the stock RAM I got with the computer, and it behaved perfectly at the store. The techs took it in the back and ran stress tests on it for more than two hours. Not a blip.

So I brought it home and hooked it up exactly with the same configuration as the store. The only difference is my monitor. Wham, in a matter of seconds the problem is back. (I got video wtih my iPhone this time!)

So now I have to figure out if the problem is my monitor.


My 2 cents ....... shrug Get the same monitor as the tech got at the store....you're almost sure of your shot huh Got nothing to lose except the time it will take you to go back to the store to return the monitor....for me it's the better thing to try first .....if it worked at the store ,why at home it should'nt .

If it's not that ,i'd go back to that store to see thar tech. again club
I really hope that you'll find a solution my friend wtg

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sissyboy
Clan Member
Clan Member


Joined: Jul 06, 2008
Posts: 958
Location: Playing ETQW at home... or stuck at work
Status: Offline

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Him-Again wrote:

And i wont be back on until Monday now as it is my wedding anniversary so we are off for a dirty weekend wtg



Dirty old man.

wtg
_________________
Will Ban for Stroyent.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
TheDecipher
Bad Ass Groupie
Bad Ass Groupie


Joined: May 10, 2008
Posts: 309

Status: Offline

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sissyboy wrote:

And to top it off, my favorite BBA guy to kill didnt show either. (you know who you are. DO YOUR HOMEWORK)



lmao lmao hail Yes Sir, Right Away! ROFLMAO
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sissyboy
Clan Member
Clan Member


Joined: Jul 06, 2008
Posts: 958
Location: Playing ETQW at home... or stuck at work
Status: Offline

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheDecipher wrote:
Sissyboy wrote:

And to top it off, my favorite BBA guy to kill didnt show either. (you know who you are. DO YOUR HOMEWORK)



lmao lmao hail Yes Sir, Right Away! ROFLMAO


You decipher that one Decipher?
_________________
Will Ban for Stroyent.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Hrunga_Zmuda
Clan Member
Clan Member


Joined: Jul 05, 2009
Posts: 26
Location: Oceanside, CA
Status: Offline

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sissyboy wrote:
Heck. NO Hrunga lately. Buffalo missed tonight. and I didnt even see HimAgain.

No idea what happened to Road, and I used to play with this guy that has no arms...

And to top it off, my favorite BBA guy to kill didnt show either. (you know who you are. DO YOUR HOMEWORK)




Good/great players on tonight though. 10-13

Always fun.

See ya guys soon.



Get it already Hrunga!


Well, I got the diagnosis from three levels up at Apple's egineering. It's my graphics card causing kernel panics. reddot

And they happen so fast the normal kernel panic gray screen doesn't show up. wall

What's a kernel panic? shrug

That's UNIX talk for the Mac equivalent of Windows BSOD. duh

So they are sending me a new graphics card free of charge tomorrow. party3

I'll get it probably the middle of next week. I'll self-install and then I'll be back online shooting you guys! camper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Hrunga_Zmuda
Clan Member
Clan Member


Joined: Jul 05, 2009
Posts: 26
Location: Oceanside, CA
Status: Offline

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Hrunga's computer sick Reply with quote

bibizz944x wrote:
Hrunga_Zmuda wrote:
I had stripped out my four hard drives and RAM and put the stock RAM I got with the computer, and it behaved perfectly at the store. The techs took it in the back and ran stress tests on it for more than two hours. Not a blip.

So I brought it home and hooked it up exactly with the same configuration as the store. The only difference is my monitor. Wham, in a matter of seconds the problem is back. (I got video wtih my iPhone this time!)

So now I have to figure out if the problem is my monitor.


My 2 cents ....... shrug Get the same monitor as the tech got at the store....you're almost sure of your shot huh Got nothing to lose except the time it will take you to go back to the store to return the monitor....for me it's the better thing to try first .....if it worked at the store ,why at home it should'nt .

If it's not that ,i'd go back to that store to see thar tech. again club
I really hope that you'll find a solution my friend wtg



Thanks man. I took my monitor in, and it didn't help! mad eew cry

But we be back soon! wtg wtg wtg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Hrunga_Zmuda
Clan Member
Clan Member


Joined: Jul 05, 2009
Posts: 26
Location: Oceanside, CA
Status: Offline

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Him-Again wrote:
Poor sissyboy

Sorry mate had to go to the US embassy to get my visa (what a pain that is to do) wall

And i wont be back on until Monday now as it is my wedding anniversary so we are off for a dirty weekend wtg

Have a good weekend and hurry up and get your ass back in the game hrunga lol


Yes sir! And welcome to America. Guy with axe
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Buffalo Bad Asses Forum Index -> General BS / Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 

Jump to:   
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2004 phpBB Group
Version 2.1 by Nuke Cops © 2003 http://www.nukecops.com
Techra-Dark theme pack by Kenetix

 

Forums ©