blocks.gif
ET - QW Status

blocks.gif
ET Jaymod - Status

blocks.gif
TS Block

BBA TeamSpeak Viewer

Buffalo Bad Ass: Forums

Buffalo Bad Asses :: View topic - Help with PB?

Help with PB?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Buffalo Bad Asses Forum Index -> General BS - QW
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DBinky

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:36 pm    Post subject: Help with PB? Reply with quote

Hi guys! I used to play ET on the BBA server all the time, and I want to get into the ETQW server, but I'm having a problem with PB.

Everytime I connect, I get disconnect about 30 seconds after starting to play with the message:

RESTRICTION: Service Communication Faliure: PnkBstrB.exe handshaking failed

I've noticed that Evenbalance no longer supports ETQW so I'm assuming I won't be getting any help from them. When you run the pbsetup, ETQW isn't even in the list!

I've also noticed that Activision is also no longer supporting ETQW. I made a help ticket with them a week ago, but haven't heard back.

Do I need to get a previous version of PBsetup? What... what should I do?
Caroline20
BBA Associate
BBA Associate

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think someone can send it to you:)

Repair the Septimer
Zeus
BBA BigBoss
BBA BigBoss

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with PB? Reply with quote

DBinky wrote:
Hi guys! I used to play ET on the BBA server all the time, and I want to get into the ETQW server, but I'm having a problem with PB.

Everytime I connect, I get disconnect about 30 seconds after starting to play with the message:

RESTRICTION: Service Communication Faliure: PnkBstrB.exe handshaking failed

I've noticed that Evenbalance no longer supports ETQW so I'm assuming I won't be getting any help from them. When you run the pbsetup, ETQW isn't even in the list!

I've also noticed that Activision is also no longer supporting ETQW. I made a help ticket with them a week ago, but haven't heard back.

Do I need to get a previous version of PBsetup? What... what should I do?

First thing to check is that your firewall or antivirus are not blocking either punkbuster A or B

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Help with PB? Reply with quote

Zeus wrote:

First thing to check is that your firewall or antivirus are not blocking either punkbuster A or B

Thanks! I got it and it was... ummm... obscure. I'm playing the downloadable version from Steam and buried in the activision support site is an article that requires Registry Editing! /boggle/

So... under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/ (I think) there is an ID folder and under that is the ETQW folder.

You have to edit the *permissions* of these folders and grant the Full Control and all lower rights to everyone. Everyone meaning the named security group "EVERYONE". It probably isn't already added, so you have to add the group manually and grant the permissions.

/shrug/

This is on Vista32 Ultimate running on a 24" iMac. LOL I was asking for trouble, amirite?
Him-Again
Clan Member
Clan Member

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear you got the problem sovled DBinky wtg

Looking forward to seeing you on our BBA QW server
I am sure you will enjoy yourself there wtg
Sissyboy
Clan Member
Clan Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard Binky! Played with you tonight! Now ya just gotta get your
headset and mic working!

;)
DBinky

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sissyboy wrote:
Welcome aboard Binky! Played with you tonight! Now ya just gotta get your
headset and mic working!

;)

Man, I can tell that you really enjoyed having a squishy target to ace with some regular frequency. lol I haven't played ETQW in *years*. My son (who now logs into BBA as MisterJFish) has been monopolizing the computer for the last 2 years with Battlefield Heroes and, so, I've been playing a lot of BFH with him. I missed objective team play, however... BFH is all capture the flag.

Anyway, I had a great time for the 2 maps I was able to squeeze in while he was doing his homework. lol Trust me, I'll be back for you to frag again. ;)

I could hear my team on the built-in VOIP and I may have had the mic working, too (not a headset, but the iMac has one built in to the top of the monitor). The kid wants a headset for christmas, so I bet I can make that happen for him. /grin/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Buffalo Bad Asses Forum Index -> General BS - QW All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: