blocks.gif
Navigation
 

icon_home.gif Home
icon_community.gif Community
tree-T.gif Forums
tree-T.gif Feeds
tree-T.gif Tutorials
tree-T.gif Surveys
icon_poll.gif Enemy Territory
tree-T.gif Server Rules
icon_members.gif Site
tree-T.gif Statistics
tree-L.gif Sitemap

 

blocks.gif
ET - QW Status
 

 

blocks.gif
ET Jaymod - Status
 

 

blocks.gif
TS Block
 

BBA TeamSpeak Viewer

 

 
Buffalo Bad Ass: Forums
 


  Buffalo Bad Asses :: View topic - My new build
 
My new build

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Buffalo Bad Asses Forum Index -> Computers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Digger
High Clan Admin
High Clan Admin


Joined: Oct 09, 2006
Posts: 615
Location: Behind enemy lines
Status: Offline

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:29 pm    Post subject: My new build Reply with quote

Just got it put together late last night so I'm still getting a lot of stuff set up...

Case: Corsair C70 Military Green (think ammo box! It's awesome!) Best case I've worked with bar none.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GAZ87X-HD3
CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k Haswell 3.4ghz quad core
Memory: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
GPU: MSI NVidia Geforce GTX 760 2GB
SSD: Corsair Neutron 120GB
HD: Seagate 1TB
PSupply: Corsair RM650 Gold
Added an Aerocool Shark 120mm case fan with Green LEDs...looks great with the case.
Loaded Windows 8.1...what the hell is this crap! Uhhggg...don't like it so far.
Although I can shut down and restart in less than 30 seconds now which is cool... wtg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blaster22
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: May 02, 2012
Posts: 9

Status: Offline

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windows 8.1 is not bad overall, honestly. I installed a program that adds the old start menu back, and it works well!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Digger
High Clan Admin
High Clan Admin


Joined: Oct 09, 2006
Posts: 615
Location: Behind enemy lines
Status: Offline

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'm sure it will be fine once I get used to it but right now it seems messed up and difficult to find things where before I knew right where they were at.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mono
BBA Backer


Joined: Oct 14, 2006
Posts: 33
Location: Frozen Tundra
Status: Offline

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was announced a couple days ago that they will bring the start menu back in an update scheduled later this year.

Funny how pleasant a nice case makes the building process. I like the looks of that case. I may have to go for something like that with my next one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Digger
High Clan Admin
High Clan Admin


Joined: Oct 09, 2006
Posts: 615
Location: Behind enemy lines
Status: Offline

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mono wrote:
It was announced a couple days ago that they will bring the start menu back in an update scheduled later this year.

Funny how pleasant a nice case makes the building process. I like the looks of that case. I may have to go for something like that with my next one.

Yeah, I had something different (cheaper) picked out at first, but the more I read reviews and the more I looked at it, the more I liked it. You get what you pay for sometimes!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Him-Again
Clan Member
Clan Member


Joined: Jun 30, 2009
Posts: 396
Location: Australia
Status: Offline

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a nice rig Digger
Windows 8 does suck wall
Isn't the SSD hard drive awesome. Start up in 30sec's wtg
_________________
SOME PEOPLE ARE LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Blaster22
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: May 02, 2012
Posts: 9

Status: Offline

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought an app for like $3 that added the start menu back into windows 8.1. So now it looks and feels like 7 did.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mono
BBA Backer


Joined: Oct 14, 2006
Posts: 33
Location: Frozen Tundra
Status: Offline

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Digger wrote:

Yeah, I had something different (cheaper) picked out at first, but the more I read reviews and the more I looked at it, the more I liked it. You get what you pay for sometimes!


The last time I used a cheap case I wound up with several sheet metal slices to my hands that resulted in blood all over the inside of the case. I think I was building that one for my grandparents. Never again.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BAYMAN
Clan Member
Clan Member


Joined: Jul 28, 2010
Posts: 53
Location: USA
Status: Offline

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:27 pm    Post subject: Re: My new build Reply with quote

Digger wrote:
Just got it put together late last night so I'm still getting a lot of stuff set up...

Case: Corsair C70 Military Green (think ammo box! It's awesome!) Best case I've worked with bar none.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GAZ87X-HD3
CPU: Intel Core i5 4670k Haswell 3.4ghz quad core
Memory: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600
GPU: MSI NVidia Geforce GTX 760 2GB
SSD: Corsair Neutron 120GB
HD: Seagate 1TB
PSupply: Corsair RM650 Gold
Added an Aerocool Shark 120mm case fan with Green LEDs...looks great with the case.
Loaded Windows 8.1...what the hell is this crap! Uhhggg...don't like it so far.
Although I can shut down and restart in less than 30 seconds now which is cool... wtg


Nice setup Diggs no wonder u kick my butt brother
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Buffalo Bad Asses Forum Index -> Computers All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 

Jump to:   
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2004 phpBB Group
Version 2.1 by Nuke Cops © 2003 http://www.nukecops.com
Techra-Dark theme pack by Kenetix

 

Forums ©